Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Settling In


Well I'm in Scotland...and have been for approximately two weeks! The first week was "Freshers Week" which is an orientation for first years and visiting students that is centered around going to pubs...got to love the way the Scottish work! Over the past two weeks I have also been working on becoming a semi-permanent UK resident including setting up a UK bank account (surprisingly easy!) and setting up a UK phone which has been a bit frustrating and I still do not have a permanent number but I will send that info out once I do. My flat in Edinburgh is very nice (I have my own roommate which feels like such a luxury) I have 3 flatmates, however, none of them are Scottish. Two of them are first years, one from Luxembourg/Finland and one from England, and my third flatmate is study abroad student from Boston who is only here for a semester. We a had a great time setting up our flat the picture is of our kitchen wall where we've been having almost nightly dinner and dart games, we really feel like the pictures of flowers class up the foam swords and dart board! I also tried my first bit of haggis with my full Scottish Breakfast (in the picture it is the meat tucked beneath all the other meat) if I hadn't started eating meat before I came to Scotland I definitely would be now...I'm pretty sure it's impossible to be a vegetarian in Scotland! So far I'm having an amazing time...and can't wait for people to come visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment