Saturday, December 5, 2009

I AMsterdam

For Halloween weekend my flatmate (Zara) and I joined my friend Sarah from Georgetown and her friend from home in Amsterdam. Amsterdam was awesome! Zara and I did a free tour (from the same company that Deirdre and I went on one in Edinburgh) and again I was totally impressed with the tour guide I guess having to work for tips really does make great tours! We saw such sights as the red light district and Anne Frank's house. Because we had such a good experience with the free tour we decided to do the red light district tour by the same company that evening, it was a really interesting tour although I perhaps know a little too much about prostitution now...Saturday morning we got up and saw the Anne Frank House a little depressing way to start your day but it was really interesting to see the rooms and hear the bells that Anne describes in her diary. If you have read Anne Frank's Diary then I highly recommend touring the house if in Amsterdam. The rest of the day was spent wandering Amsterdam, shopping and popping into bars and coffeeshops...when in rome you know. Then it was back to reality everything I had due for this semester was due the week of 15 November so the next couple of weeks were spent writing papers and working on group projects. I guess I really can't complain I've been here 3 months and only really had to work for 2 weeks got to love Edinburgh Uni :)

1 comment: