Friday, January 29, 2010

Deep Scottish Love


My younger sister Caroline visited for the last couple of weeks of her Christmas break. After her almost 20 hours of traveling she was pretty exhausted the first day she was in Edinburgh but she adjusted well enough. As classes had started back by the time Caroline got here she got to meet all of my flatmates (including our newest addition Alice) and had lots of fun enjoying Edinburgh pubs as she's finally legal on a trip to the UK. We even went on the pop star themed pub crawl with the history society which was lots of fun until we had to wake up the next day for our highlands tour.

Over the weekend we went on a highlands tour with Haggis Adventures which I 100% recommend. With our local tour guide Chris and a bus full of Aussies we ventured around the highlands for the 3 days, including the Isle of Skye, Glencoe, and most importantly Loch Ness!!! If you like to travel (and even if you don't) you have to see the Scottish Highlands they are absolutely one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. I already knew Scotland was incredible but this trip definitely brought out the Deep Scottish Love (DSL)! Besides the beauty of the highlands this trip was great because we got to meet some many interesting people (mostly Aussies) definitely got to experience several different types of culture not just Scottish. While we didn't get to see Nessie this trip I still have hope!

Caroline left yesterday morning, still can't believe she's been and gone but I'm looking forward to all my future visitors so I can share my DSL! x

No comments:

Post a Comment