Thursday, October 15, 2009

London Baby!!

Last weekend I visited my friends Malin and Sarah from Georgetown in London. As many of you know I LOVE London and this weekend just made that more so. My flight for London was really early in the morning (I had to leave to catch the bus for the airport at 4am!) but it was totally worth it. Malin is taking a leave of absence to work at Parliament and I got a personal tour of the castle (including the terrace where people don't usually get to go!)...if I had gotten there later in the day I may not have been able to. I walked around London for the rest of the day until I met Sarah at the train station (she was meeting up with me from Nantes, France) in the evening. Friday evening was pretty low key just dinner and drinks with friends of Malin's from Parliament. Saturday Malin and I shopped til we dropped (literally...I've been feeling under the weather and I had to take a nap afterward to prep for our night out). Saturday evening we hit the town right by going to the Kensington Roof Gardens (a swanky London club) fancy dresses, nice cocktails, and dancing it couldn't have been a better night! Sunday it was back to Edinburgh which despite my love for London it was nice to get home...London is too expensive for a student who wants to travel! When I got home my flatmate and I found a cheap flight to Stockholm, Sweden for next weekend (i.e. tomorrow!!!) and I'm super psyched! My time here is going by so quickly I can't believe I've already been here a little more than a month!

1 comment: