Sunday, October 4, 2009

This Night Will Be Legend - wait for it - dary

On Thursdays one of my flat mates and I are done with classes for the week and one of the others doesn’t have class until 3pm on Friday so we decided to have a flat bonding going out experience which would include getting a poster from a pub that has a burning 13 on it (we’re in Flat 13). Joking about not wanting to get caught stealing the sign (and how we would take the policy every man left behind) the night started out as quite fun, however, towards the end of the night one of my flat mates was caught in the middle of a bar fight that turned into a street brawl (as a bystander), the police were called and a couple of people arrested. I luckily didn’t see too much of the fight but because my flat mate did (and got hit by flying glass) we had to go down and make a statement. Apparently in the UK, refusing to go to the police station and give a statement is a criminal offense (on a kind of happy note my one flatmate made did make it out with the poster!). From now on I’m going to try to avoid being involved in and witnessing any crimes (I don’t want anything to go on my record in the UK since apparently now Madeline does but being British it’s probably better than someone here on a visa!). Everyone involved who were giving statements had pretty good humor about it (I guess except for the men who were arrested…we weren’t in the room with them!) but it was quite the memorable experience. The eventful night out left me feeling a little under the weather this weekend…so nothing much to report on the weekend front. Hopefully next Thursday won’t be quite as exciting…but next weekend will be much more exciting because I’m taking my first weekend trip to London! I’ll try to be better about updating more during the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment